Sunday, August 16, 2009

Green Smoothie Revolution

Eating plenty of greens is one of the best medicine we can give our body.
I try to make green juice or green smoothie every day. I like greens and I know that I give my body the best. Of course fresh, organic or from own yard is the best!
I always try to have some greens in pots. I have parsley, basil, mint, and even my dandelion in my mini yard.

Here is recipe with dandelion from beautiful book:



Dent de Lion
Valya Boutenko Yields 2 quarts


1 bunch dandelion greens
2 mangoes
2 cups apple juice
2 pears
1 cup water





All you need is a juicer and some good quality greens, and you're off.

Excerpt from Victoria Boutenko book:

If you have a high-speed blender, we recommend not peeling
organic fruit such as mangoes, apples, kiwis, and pears. You can also
blend apples and pears with their seeds. If you have a regular blender
that runs at slower speeds, peels and seeds will not blend completely
and might destroy your blender..... .

You can blend greens whole, however I usually remove the stalks
from kale, collards, and chard as they add a peppery taste that I don’t
like. I always leave the stalks on finer plants such as spinach, dandelions,
parsley, cilantro, and others.... .

Read Ode To Green Smoothie" for benefits of drinking Green Smoothies and Green Smoothie Recipes.